ABOUT THE GROUP
We are the professional network for practitioners in corporate and financial communications. Our purpose is to serve a membership of over 1,000 and the profession by offering:
- Engagement with leaders in the worlds of business, the media, law and the City, at our events
- Networking amongst our peer group and senior practitioners
- Guidance on best industry practice and career development.
Due to Covid 19 we are currently running a programme of online events, and these can be seen by scrolling down to the Events tab below.
Normally our events include:
- Lunchtime and evening meetings with senior journalists and industry leaders.
- Ad hoc panel and debates on important topics or best practice seminars
- Our popular Summer Party
- Annual Dinner with a high-profile speaker
- Occasional visits and tours.
Call for New Committee members
We are seeking additional volunteers to become Committee members for the CIPR Corporate & Financial Group, with a particular focus on helping co-ordinate event activities for the group.
Working with the Group’s Committee Secretary, the role would include planning and co-ordinating upcoming group events and marketing, collaborating with other committee members on event ideas, ensuring that we deliver a relevant and interesting events programme to engage existing and future members effectively. The Group holds c. six lunchtime media events a year, three panel events, a summer party and annual dinner.
It would suit someone from an in-house or agency background who is keen to make the time to get involved with an industry group, grow their own network and build their social capital along the way.
We actively encourage and welcome interest from volunteers from Black, Asian and other Ethnic Minority backgrounds as part of our commitment to grow diverse representation among our membership.
We would love to hear from you. Please do send your CV with a short statement (500 words maximum) on why you want to be involved to Sue Owen – email@example.com by the 14th February 2022.