This course establishes the importance of strategy in developing public relations plans and programmes and in implementing and managing public relations activities. Not only will you look at practical ways in which a PR strategy can be created, but you will see how public relations can become an integral part of corporate strategy.
Who should attend?
Suitable for practitioners interested in the potential contribution that public relations can make to the development of strategy and those who wish to develop their own abilities to create strategy for public relations activities.
What to expect
- group discussion of what strategy is, how it is developed, and what is involved in strategic thinking
- practical guidance on how to develop strategy, with commentary on creativity, strategy and planning, and implementation
- exercises to develop capability in strategic thinking, of use in work with clients and employing organisations.
Participation in the course will provide you with the knowledge to:
Member: £504 inc VAT
- develop your strategic thinking
- use specific techniques to arrive at strategic options
- appreciate the contribution of public relations to organisation decision-making and planning
- understand the PR planning cycle
- understand the evaluation options
- set objectives.
Non-member: £684 inc VAT