Member: £400 exc VAT | Non-member: £550 exc VAT
This interactive and practical course will help you in your role as the PR professional to support organisations in mitigating financial and reputational risks and the impacts facing them in the event of a Cyber Security incident. You will be learn about the latest threats, such as ransomware, social engineering and COVID-19 themed phishing attacks, as well as the key actions and lines to take in response to a Cyber Security incident to manage and control the potential crisis at hand.
Who should attend?
Those looking to understand the consequences of Cyber Security incidents and how they can be managed and handled appropriately from a PR perspective.
What to expect
- The de-mystification of Cyber Security
- Real-life scenarios and case studies to consolidate learning
- Engaging and interactive discussion
- Practical tips and exercises including examples of internal and external ‘lines to take’
- Consideration of key stakeholders and social media influences
Participation in the course will provide you with:
- An understanding of the importance of Cyber Security, with a focus on PR
- Knowledge of what is meant by Cyber Threats, including latest trends
- An overview of key legislation and your obligations; and the impact of non-compliance -financially, operationally and reputationally
- An understanding of a holistic approach, encompassing people, processes, policy and processes to respond to Cyber Security incidents
- An understanding of the PR professional’s role in managing incidents, disaster recovery and business continuity; and managing risk
- Discussion and understanding of key stakeholders and engagement
- Best practice and practical tips.