Member: £440 exc VAT | Non-member: £620 exc VAT
Sharing video content on social media undoubtedly increases reach and engagement but creating videos regularly can be costly and time-consuming. Smartphone video is an effective way to promote your messages online and bring some of your video production in-house. It is quick, easy, and fun. What is more, video literacy skills are rapidly becoming a must-have asset for ambitious, forward thinking PR professionals.
This introductory course covers the basic skills and knowledge you need to plan and shoot short, punchy videos using just a smartphone and a minimum of inexpensive accessories and apps.
Who should attend?
Most of our delegates are communications and digital content operatives tasked with producing short, simple videos for social media and websites. No prior experience is required. If you can use your phone you can produce quality video!
What to expect
- a structured approach to video planning
- plenty of hands-on practice – shoot a video you can be proud of in just a few hours!
- professional tips and key do's and don'ts
- interactive learning with expert tutor support
Participation in the course will give you the knowledge and skills to:
- buy into the right apps and accessories
- adapt your messaging to the demands of social media video
- tell a compelling story
- storyboard and shoot compelling visual sequences
- take control of your camera to capture quality visuals and audio
- conduct effective video interviews
- present confidently on camera
- begin to edit simple videos on your phone or iPad using the latest apps
You do not need any special apps on your phone to take part in this
course. As long as you have a camera app on your phone capable of
shooting HD video, you can create the necessary clips for the course.
However, if you would like to explore some useful apps for video
creation you may wish to download Filmic Pro for shooting video in
manual mode or Spark Camera (iOS only) for filming and editing short
form content like Instagram Reels. If you wish to explore other editing
apps for your phone we would recommend iMovie, VN/Vlog Now, Adobe Rush
or LumaFusion. Please be aware that there may be a difference between
what software/apps discussed in the session and which ones are needed to
take part in the course.