Member: £335 exc VAT | Non-member: £455 exc VAT
PLEASE NOTE: You can attend this one-day workshop if
you have media experience. If you are new to the media please consider
attending Effective media relations first, this runs a day earlier.
This course will provide practical insight into how journalists
and news outlets use social media for their work and how public
relations and communications professionals can engage with them on these
Who should attend?
Suitable for practitioners already familiar with social media
platforms who would like to set up their communications team so that
they can better engage with journalists and the audiences they interact
What to expect
- practical exercises
- group discussions
- insight from a trainer who is a freelance journalist and blogger.
Participation in the course will provide you with the knowledge to:
- learn how newsrooms use social media in their journalism
- understand best practice for online newsrooms
- understand the changing media landscape
- know how news outlets are adapting how they research, report and promote news and content
- understand how journalists use social media and networking
- learn how your communications can be developed so that they are social media friendly.