Member: £420 exc VAT | Non-member: £570 exc VAT
This course will introduce you to today's media landscape and show you how to navigate it. The course will also demonstrate how to work with the media and how to build effective long-lasting relationships with journalists.
Who should attend?
Anyone new to the role of media relations or those who handle media relations as part of their wider PR remit. It is also suitable for practitioners who wish to refresh their knowledge on how to effectively work with the media.
What to expect?
- Guidance on best practice in media relations
- A day filled with practical activities and role play
- Learn from other delegates on the course by sharing experiences as well as learning from the course trainer
Participation in the course will provide you with the knowledge to:
- Know the media
- Who are they?
- Where are they?
- Why do we want to work with them?
- What do they want from PROs?
- Select your stories
- What is a story and what does a good story look like?
- Where and how do journalists get their stories?
- How to pitch a story to a journalist?
- Practical matters
- Which story to pitch to which media
- Ways of presenting the story to journalists/media
- The well-equipped press office