Member: £550 exc VAT | Non-member: £775 exc VAT
Online video is one of the most persuasive ways to connect with audiences and deliver your message with impact. Editing compelling and dynamic videos will help you grab the viewer’s attention and cut through the noise and clutter on social media. This interactive workshop will give you the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to edit complex videos efficiently on your phone, tablet, or desktop.
Who should attend?
Delegates who attended our Creating Smartphone Video workshop or anyone with previous experience of video creation who now wants to dive deeper into the art of editing. The course is relevant for any Comms and digital content practitioners who are tasked with producing video for social media and websites. Those seeking a conversion path into mobile video editing from traditional camcorder- and desktop-based technologies. Previous experience of making videos would be helpful.
What to expect:
- hands-on, engaging, practical learning with pro-level editing apps
- support from an experienced tutor and via video tutorials
- a highly participative course limited to eight delegates or less
Participation on the course will provide you with the tools you need to:
- buy into the right apps for editing video on your phone, tablet or desktop
- consolidate your existing editing skills
- expand your skills to edit more dynamic content
- create custom text and animations
- generate engaging text captions and subtitles
- Mix multiple audio tracks
- create videos in variety of landscape and portrait aspect ratios
NOTE: The editing software used on our courses is
Kinemaster - it's free and is available on Android and iOS. If you’re
after desktop editing, Da Vinci Resolve is free and works on PC and Mac.
If you wish to explore other editing apps for your phone we would
recommend iMovie, VN/Vlog Now, Adobe Rush or LumaFusion. Please be aware
that there may be a difference between what software/apps discussed in
the session and which ones are needed to take part in the course.