Member: £320 exc VAT | Non-member: £440 exc VAT
On this one-day workshop, you’ll learn how to write great speeches for internal and external audiences on any topic. You’ll explore the classical theories that underpin speechwriting and learn how to manage the practical aspects of preparing a speech today. You’ll also develop transferable skills that can be applied widely to presentations, debates or TedTalks.
Who should attend?
Communications professionals who want to start writing speeches or have already fallen into speechwriting and want to strengthen their skills. People who develop content for leadership presentations, townhalls and panel sessions will also find it useful.
What to expect
You will learn by doing, including:
- Watching, reviewing and critiquing speeches
- Individual and group speechwriting exercises
- Giving feedback to others and receiving feedback on your own speeches
Participation in the course will provide you with the knowledge to:
- Use your speech as a persuasive device to move your audience from A to B
- Work with your speaker and understand how to bring their thoughts to life
- Plan your speech effectively by defining the objective, audience needs and message
- Catch your audience’s attention with an intriguing opening
- Use rhetorical devices to highlight the most important parts of your speech
- Move your audience to action with a strong close
- Adapt speechwriting techniques for presentations and panels