Member: £570 exc VAT | Non-member: £795 exc VAT
PLEASE NOTE: This two-day course is split over 2 weeks. Day one of this course is on 5 October 2021. Day two of this
course is on 21 October 2021.
This interactive two-day course looks at the art of persuasive
writing and how it differs from informative writing such as press
releases and briefing documents. Focusing on objective, readership,
message and call to action, Mastering the Art of Copywriting provides
you with skills and techniques to make your copy relevant, memorable and
Who should attend?
All PR and Comms practitioners wanting to sharpen their copywriting
skills. It’s particularly suitable for people who produce copy for news
stories, blog posts, features, articles, internal comms, emailers,
social media posts, advertorials, advertising copy and other promotional
What to expect
- you’ll be doing a lot of writing on paper to reduce procrastination and improve flow
- you’ll complete an exercise between day one and day two for feedback on day two
- a highly participative course with individual feedback, limited to just 10 delegates.
Participation on the course will provide you with the knowledge to:
- write copy for different platforms and purposes, including sales
and marketing materials, websites, social media, emailers and other PR
documents outside traditional press releases
- use the '7-stage' technique to write clear, succinct copy that interests and engages the reader from start to finish
- use the 'princess, dragon and hero' technique to focus on
benefits rather than features and make your copy more relevant to your
- select the right template, such as the Inverted Pyramid and AIDA, to get started quickly and structure your copy effectively
- make your headlines and sub-headings work harder for you
- turn 500 words of waffle into 50 words of magic
- recognise and use Plain English to its best effect.