Live streaming is one of the most powerful ways to connect with an audience and build a following on social media. On Facebook, live streamed videos get ten times more comments than recorded videos and six times more engagement while Instagram prioritises live video, pushing you to the number one position on the story feed and sending a push notification to your followers. To be successful with live streaming you just need a little bit of technical knowledge together with the right strategies. In this training you will learn why it is essential that live streaming is part of your PR and Marketing strategies, how to create more professional-looking streams and how to get more people to watch them.
Whether you want to go live from your smartphone to stream directly to TikTok and Instagram or use more advanced equipment and stream to multiple platforms at the same time, with this training you can soon be creating regular, quality live streams. These can grow your social media audience and help you become even more effective in sharing your message.
Who should attend?
Communications and digital content operatives who want to cover events or build a social media presence using live streaming. No prior experience is required.
What to expect?
- Understanding of why streaming is so important and how to integrate it into your strategy
- Plenty of hands-on practice – creating live streams with your phone into a private group.
- Technical tips to give you a professional result even if you are just using your smartphone
- Interactive learning with expert tutor support
Participation in the course will give you the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand why you need to be using live streaming
- Run a variety of types of live stream, from broadcast to social media
- Understand the different requirements for live streaming across a variety of platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Linkedin, TikTok and Instagram
- Run a basic live stream from your phone
- Choose which topics work as a live stream
- Make your live streams look and sound professional
- Encourage audience engagement during your stream
- Conduct live interviews
- promote your stream before, during and afterwards
- Run an ethical and well-moderated live stream
- Employ a Multi-camera live stream with graphics
NOTE: This course does refer to apps such as OBS Studio, Ecamm, Streamyard etc on the live-streaming courses, but the main focus of the course is about getting audience engagement and being strategic, rather than the tech.