1. This Privacy Notice relates to the collection and processing of your personal data for the purpose of CIPR Training. By sharing your personal data with us, you can access information that will support you and your career development as a public relations practitioner.
Who we are
2. The Chartered Institute of Public Relations (‘CIPR’) advances professionalism in public relations by making its members accountable to their employers and the public through a code of conduct and searchable public register, setting standards through training, qualifications, awards and the production of best practice and skills guidance, facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and awarding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner status (Chart.PR).
What are the legal grounds for processing your personal data?
3. The legal basis on which we collect, store and process your personal data in order to fulfil the training contract.
What personal data do we collect to deliver your training?
4. In order to deliver CIPR training, we ask for your name, job title, company, email address, telephone number, address (normally work address given)
5. We also ask for any dietary requirements and any access needs you indicate.
6. We will record payments for training courses. If you pay by credit card, we will use those details only once and destroy any record of them.
How will we use your personal data?
7. We will use your data to fulfil the training contract
8. We ask you to complete a course evaluation form after the end of your training. These forms are sent to the trainers, but without the names or other personal data. These evaluation forms are retained in the office in paper format only for a maximum of one week, unless they bring to light some issue that CIPR need to resolve. No personal data is transferred from these forms onto any CIPR spreadsheet, database, or other document. Our course evaluation forms also offer you an opt-in to allow us to use your feedback in our future marketing and promotion.
9. On the basis of legitimate interest, we will use your data to let you know about other CIPR learning products and offers that we think you will be interested in. You can opt out of these communications at any time.
Sharing your personal data
9. In order to fulfil the training contract, we need to share your data with a number of suppliers. It is not possible for you to opt-out of this sharing. All of the suppliers we deal with, and any subcontractors they use, are required to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation.
• Your booking is taken and held on the IMIS provided by iFINITY platform, with payment through Sagepay. The CIPR can delete a booking from iMIS provided by iFINITY after 7 years.
• We hold your personal data on our main iMIS database, held on a hosted server operated by iMIS.
• If we take payments directly from you, we process them through Sagepay.
• We share your name and organisation as well as any relevant access needs with the trainer who is running the session(s) you have signed up for. They destroy it when they have completed the training session.
10. We share your name and organisation as well as your access and dietary needs with the company providing the venue where your training is held. They destroy it when you have completed the training session.
After we have delivered your training
11. The training contract ends when we have completed delivery of the training you have booked.
12. We retain financial records on the legal basis of a legitimate business need. We hold a record of your booking, together with any payments you have made, for the legally required period of seven years, and then destroy them.
13. We destroy any spreadsheets containing your personal data one month after your training is completed.
14. We destroy any emails relating to your booking one year after your training is completed.
15. Your data will remain on the CIPR database for the period indicated above.
To discuss any concerns about your personal data with the CIPR training team, please email email@example.com.