Member: £380 exc VAT | Non-member: £500 exc VAT
PLEASE NOTE: This session is for beginners and is
day one of a two-day course which you can attend as a stand-alone or as a
two-day with Crisis communication.
This highly practical course gives you all the key lessons of
media training, and also the opportunity to practice those techniques on
camera in a range of simulated interviews, whether they be promotional,
“issues” or crisis interviews. It enables you, or the spokespeople you
support, to become powerful advocates for your organisation when
carrying out any type of media interview, proactive or reactive. It also
helps you develop the skills and confidence to deal with major crisis
Who should attend?
Anyone who does media interviews – print or broadcast – or briefs spokespeople.
What to expect
- The chance to do at least two interviews on camera, and to see those interviews played back
- Immediate feedback from an experienced trainer/journalist and the other delegates
- Use of video recordings from real-life and of group work during the session to underpin the day's training.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Prepare for any type of media interview – promotional, “issues”, or crisis
- Get ready for print and broadcast interviews
- Support other spokespeople before and during media interviews, give feedback and de-brief
- Satisfy a journalist's need for news while achieving your business objective
- Communicate with impact and authority, and handle awkward questions under pressure